Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I am an Indian against Corruption!


I am a man - a common man. I earn my bread sometimes by pulling a rikshaw, sometimes lifting a heavy sack. I sometimes fix the taps of others' homes, and some days I scavenge those plastic bags from that big pile of garbage.

I am a woman, who struggles daily to get two square meals, to feed my children, to feed the unborn in me. My mornings are spent cleaning others' homes and sometimes I brush up the roads. I hear the loud cries of the hungry stomachs, and weakened by daily gusts of poverty but I fight harder. I am a mother whose child has abandoned her, and my time is near. I daily bang my head in government offices to avail my rights, to get my pension. I lift up my old crippled husband to the government hospitals on my bare shoulders covered with torn clothes, and I sit there whole day waiting for my turn.

I am a child who begs for money on the street, because my parents can't afford my education, my relatives have left me on the roads because they can't feed one more mouth. I can't get the vaccines, because they are unavailable to me even if they are free. I am an Indian, who wants to make it big, but they tell me that everything comes at a cost. And that cost comes with an additional cost. I am an Indian who is tired of paying taxes and extra cess on those taxes and still when I go out to buy a house, I pay additional sums to get my work done on time and keep myself out of trouble. I am an Indian who is about to die soon, but the installments still remain to be paid off. I feel bad that I couldn't secure a safe future for my child. I am the soul of that soldier who died because he was provided corroded rifles, and fake bulletproof jackets. I am a man who voted for a party thinking they wont do a party at my cost. I selected a handful of people, with a trust they will act best in my interest.
I believe if there is no corruption, half of my struggles will be solved. I may pass away peacefully in my own abode rather than on a random street. I may enjoy the a life of a human, rather than a bull who pulls the wagon all his life. I want to live each day. My country, my motherland will never be ashamed of not being able to feed me, shelter me, protect me.
I am an Indian, who is corrupt only because the system is corrupt, who asks for additional sums to get work done on time, because I have to pay that extra amount to get my work done- even to get an identity. I am that Indian who is promised to get a better life before every election, but left hungry, crippled and poorer after every selection!

I will stand against corruption, to fight against the system! I will never stop fighting till I win against a handful of money suckers who think they are the Kings and queens of the country! I think they have forgotten, but not me in a democracy there is no king and no queen, only of the people, by the people and for the people.

I will Free India from corruption, I am an Indian against Corruption!

7 comments:

  1. Really nice words,
    We are the citizens of India going to make a NEW Revolution WE are going to throw out corruption from INDIA
    JAI HIND.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am an Indian against a corrupt Government.
    Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each single word is true, it would touch every indian's heart and soul if he/she really wants to throw this corruption from where it started, that's why i support Shri Anna Hazare coz ab waqt aagaya kuch karne ka, aur yeh desh hamara hai.
    Jai Hind Jai Bharat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jai Hind to all. Thankyou for dropping by.

    Pratik@update yourself : Yes, we have to throw corruption out of ourselves and out of India, to make a decent space specially for marginalized section of the society. Isn't it?

    ~Serendipity~: Not just Government, but being Indians we should try to fight against every small act of corruption. I guess then only there can be a clean India..

    GautamS Brahma: Thanx alot for the motivating comment. Absolutely, we have to build a decent life for ourselves and the future generations. We are indians, and India is ours. Jai Bharat.
    P.s. Loved your clicks alot :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice post
    You may find these useful if you are a avid reader

    No. 1 All INDIAN NEWSPAPERS IN ONE PAGE
    Link = http://eazyhomepage.com/Indian_newspapers.html

    No. 2 All INDIAN Magazines IN ONE PAGE
    Link = http://eazyhomepage.com/Indian_magazines.html

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your feedback :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...